Wednesday, July 10, 2013

New News

Alright, so many things have happened in the last week and I wanted to give an update for everyone!

We refinanced our house for a lower interest rate AND to get cash to replace all the windows, roof, trim the trees and repair the fence, EEK! So exciting. Also....Jared is on the mortgage now, so we officially TOGETHER own our home! This is a big deal for us, and to top it off we'll have new roof and windows, a tax right off, and better energy efficiency all for less than the price of a one bedroom apartment! We certainly wouldn't be here without the help of family, so to all our family, especially the graciousness of my father THANK YOU!

In other, less exciting news....

1. I FINALLY finished Emilie's invitations and sent them out....minus four as I'm awaiting addresses. They are really cute, and it took me FOREVER to finalize the style, print, and add the embellishment, but what a fun project it was! Pictures to come soon!

2. I've started really working hard on losing the rest of this baby weight. I've heard that the last 10 lbs are the most difficult, for whatever reason. I ran my first, FIRST ever 1.5 miles! I know that's not a lot, but for me, someone who's never enjoyed running and has never run more than 1 mile, and that was a couple years ago, I was soooo excited! I've really gotten into the Couch to 5k program, mostly just to condition me to get into running, not really to run a 5k, but who knows!

3. I'm going to be trying a new remedy for my skin from LaurenElizabeth and see how that goes. I have a lot of trouble with my skin, and after having Emilie it's turned into combination skin...how lovely.

4. I went back to the classroom recently and put together lots of great ideas, to be posted under the "teacher" tab soon! I'm really excited about themes, and plans for the year AND for a bunch of new kids on my caseload...although I still haven't officially received my contract, which is frustrating, I am hopeful!

5. I am going to try this thing called Birch Box, which is only $10 a month (I'm paying monthly in case it doesn't turn out to be worth it) and they send a little box of goodies geared towards women, although there's a man's box too! I can't wait to get mine this month and share the contents!



1 comment:

  1. Woooohooo for refinancing!

    I'm excited to see your invites and teacher ideas (as a fellow teacher, obv;) Also so jealous that you can get a Birch Box. I am in Canada and I have to settle for Top Box...needless to say I've been on the list for what feels like 86 years (although it's been maaaaybe 6 weeks, so...I'm impatient!)

    ReplyDelete