Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A week in the life!

Our first week of summer vacation went something like this~

We played outside and watched Daddy power wash the picket fence.


Walked downtown during the Festival of Arts and walked through the Art Museum.


I baked some Snickerdoodles that were delicious and shared at Jared's work.


Emilie came to the doctor with me to get my shoulder checked out again. She was a little angel.


Mommy made pop bottle toys that sparkle and swish when tossed around.


Emilie played with her baby doll as Mommy talked on the phone.


We attempted artwork for Father's Day. We named the art piece "Disaster."


Emilie hated the paint, and it was like pulling teeth to get her to put her hands on the canvas. Instead, she wanted to paint her face, which meant a quick splash in the kiddy pool...except it was ice cold and Emilie was angry, cold, and had goose bumps. She got a warm bath afterwards, but when I came back out a bird had pooped on my phone in the meantime. 


Standing and pulling herself up!


Books, books! She loves tearing her room apart each day and going through all the books as she reads to herself. This gives me time in the morning to put my face on!



Mommy went to a meeting in Holland and Emilie got to see Auntie Amy again!


Sun room fun!


The taste of sweet cherries is just so yummy!


We visited a book store, hoping they'd have story hour, but they didn't. Instead we picked out a book for Daddy to read Emilie for Father's Day. She claimed the book by chewing off a few bits of fiber :).


My little kitchen helper.



I made some fresh raspberry scones, all they needed was some clotted cream!


Pretending to be a 50's housewife, I guess?


Spaghetti dinner for the win!


Cutting teeth. This was a horrifying site to come into, but the bleeding stopped and Emilie was all smiles. 


And lastly, a trip to the farm to visit Grandma again!


No comments:

Post a Comment